Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Counting Down the Days

We are coming down to the last days of summer. We only have just under 3 weeks until school starts. I am trying to juggle work and finding time to do things with the kids. I have the kiddie pool blown up (thanks to Steve. I told him it couldn't be done by breathing into it, but he proved me wrong) and the sprinkler out and I think I am going to usher them outside tomorrow. The little girl who lives across the street is coming over to play with Aftan tomorrow. She's 7, so a bit older than Aftan, but this kid has the patience of a saint and plays great with Aftan, so I have no problems at all with her coming over for a bit. We are supposed to go to a One potato, Two potato playdate on Thursday. I am going to drag them to the store in the morning probably and try to get the ingredients for this golden yam brownie recipe that looks really good to take on Thursday. Then on Friday, we have a swimming playdate, which will be really fun for my two water babies. I also have a plea into my friend, Melinda, who has two kids around Aftan and Reagan's ages, to come with me to the beach. She is military and is going to try to get us on base to the beach there, which should be way less crowded than the public beaches.

Reagan is just talking up a storm now. She says, "knuckles" and does fist bumps. LOL. She says, I see you, kiss, sorry, tries to sing Old MacDonald, but only gets the EIEIO Moo Moo Moo Moo EIEIO, peekaboo, please, thank you and a whole bunch of other words. She comes up with new ones every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment