Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer Days to School Days

Well, the summer went by amazingly fast. We had a pretty lazy summer scattered w/ three weeks of summer camp for Aftan at her school. Aftan started back to school this past Monday. She has a teacher that is new to teaching and new to Montessori. She is really good with Aftan and seems to really understand her. I think Aftan is the teacher's pet. :) There are only 9 kids in Aftan's class, and I think the small class size is working well for her. She is excited to go to school everyday and she has already learned so much in the first week. We have had some minor glitches w/ naptime, but I hope we will get them straightened out soon.

I am trying to enjoy these last few months having Reagan here at home with me. In January, I will be seeking a job outside of the home to make more money and she will have to go to school. I would be lying if I said I am comfortable with this, I just don't think she is quite ready, but we have to do what we have to do. Maybe she will surprise me and do really well.

But, overall I think the kids had a good summer, and we are looking forward to seeing what the school year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment