Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Days.....

Man, I just have been gone for a long time because blogger has changed. Something else to get used to, I guess.

I suck at updating this thing. It's been six months since I last updated. I apparently only updated twice the whole last school year. Well, maybe I will have more time to update since I am UNEMPLOYED. Yup. I quit my job. I am officially a stay-at-home mom for the first time in my life. I was previously a work-at-home mom, but I've never been an actual stay-at-home mom. It all started out as wanting/needing to take the summer off because it made more financial sense to stay home with the girls and save the summer camp money, but it ended up being a permanent thing since my work got their proverbial panties in a twist over it and went over the deep end. So...I am unemployed.

I have created a bucket list for the girls and I to do together this summer. Things like ride the ferry and play in the sprinkler and have picnics and play with sidewalk chalk and chase fireflies. You know...typical summer things.

One of the things on this list is "Turn 6." We are just a few days away from this milestone for Aftan. She had her birthday party today. It was her first real birthday party with friends and cake and decorations and the whole nine yards. We had it at the YMCA pool, and she had an absolute blast. We went swimming and had cake and pizza and the kids decorated bucket hats and necklaces to take home. I think they all had fun. I hope it tired them all out.

Aftan goes into the 1st grade next year. She is excited, and we are excited for her. She is turning into such a big girl. She's so smart, creative and witty.

Reagan is 3 1/2 years old now. She is so smart and goes into her second year of preschool next year. She can write her name with impeccable penmanship (for a 3-year-old...or even some 6-year-olds). She takes after her sister in this regard.

Let's see if I can rustle pics of the kids up. These are from Aftan's pool party today and the last one is from the other day. I just love the pic of them together:




No comments:

Post a Comment