Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thank you, Universe!

May I have another?

It just seems like we can't catch a break. My van is still not ready. It was supposed to be done last Friday, but the transmission that came in was a dud and had to be rebuilt. He told me it'd be ready on Tuesday. Well, it snowed on Monday, so it never got delivered. He told me on Tuesday that'd he'd put it in that afternoon or Wednesday morning. Never heard from him on Wednesday despite calling nearly 20 times throughout the day. I call him this morning (Thursday) and he says he has double pneumonia and is trying to get his worker to put it in under his (doped up) instruction. It started snowing and the area shut down. We didn't hear from him again today. No idea if it will be ready tomorrow or not.

Aftan's school was cancelled today b/c of the snow and ice. She didn't go yesterday owing to no transportation.

Yesterday, I noticed that the hot water would run out after about 1-2 minutes. I tried giving the girls a bath during the day and could not get enough hot water. I mentioned it to Steve when he got home late last night from a business dinner. He went up in the attic to look at the heater and the wire on the bottom was so hot that it had melted the plastic casing and the styrofoam insulation. It could have burned our house down. So, we turned the circuit off to the heater. We have no hot water. I called Lowe's this morning about buying a new one and having it delivered and installed today. The guy was really beyond helpful. I purchased the heater and he said they'd talk to the contractor who delivers them and he'd call me. The contractor calls shortly thereafter saying they have us slated for 4 p.m. depending upon the weather. He calls back around noon saying they are not coming out today and only had a 75% chance of coming out tomorrow.

So, that's where we stand. No van. No hot water. Aftan hasn't been to school since Tuesday, and if they are only delay will not be going tomorrow since there will be no before school care and Steve would have to drop her off early.

At least we have heat and are done Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment